Tuesday, August 05, 2008

Jerry - A Biography

I can't believe I have been posting about this and that and everything and I still haven't mentioned my favorite dog in the whole wide world!




Meet Jerry.



He is going through a hard time at the moment. In the last 5 months, he has had about 5 surgeries on his eye. He is now blind in his left eye. Lost his right hind leg because this quack doctor gave him a shot in the wrong place and hit a nerve. Now his hind leg is completely paralyzed.

On some days, he is quite down in the dumps and mopes around the house (can you blame him?). But most of the time he is a happy, hungry dog.

He is never full. He will eat as long as you can keep the food coming. "What does he eat?" you ask? Not dog food - that's for sure! He only eats what we eat. He enjoys dosai, bread, chapathis, puris etc. Not a big rice lover - but then again, neither am I. He loves any sort of meat, eggs and is an absolute fiend for anything sweet. He is kinda fat, as you can see!

He loves his bone. He even protects when he is asleep sometimes. He has never bitten anyone in his life but the closest he has come to snapping at someone is when I tried to pry the bone out of his paws. Even then, he would never bite anyone.

He hates it when people come to our house and don't pay any attention to him. The minute you pat him on the head and say hi, he becomes your best friend.

He hates being home alone and gets very upset the minute he hears the jingling of the house keys in my hand. He whines as we leave. The minute we walk back in the door, he is the happiest, waggiest dog! He doesn't walk, but prances and leaps for the next 5 or 10 minutes.

He understands most things we say, but chooses to pretend like he doesn't so he doesn't have to obey. I especially love the way he looks at me with his head cocked to one side when I say something he really doesn't understand. It is very, very cute. Take my word for it. I talk to him a lot - usually when there's no one else around.

He doesn't normally live with us. He lives with my in-laws. We are just taking care of him while he is being treated for his eye problems. He is almost completely fine and he will go soon.

I really don't know what I am going to do without him!




PS - Its been one month since I started blogging and I am glad I haven't already quit. Yay!!!

3 comments:

Clover said...

Hey marsha! I'm finally reading your blog! very nice! Tell Jerry i said hi.. and he's very cute though i called him two face :P

Marsha said...

:) i will... he doesnt mind being called names... he doesnt care wat u say as long as u keep talking to him... :) he is big attention seeker...

Unknown said...

Im a big fan of Mr.Jerry