Monday, July 28, 2008

Happy Hamburger Day!

Valentine's Day, Mother's Day, Father's Day, Grandparent's Day - there's a day for everything! And I thought I knew them all. Until this morning when I opened my email and found a card that said "Happy Hamburger Day". I now feel way behind the rest of the world! After a little bit of research, I discovered that not only is today Hamburger Day, it is also Cheese Lover's Day, Milk Chocolate Day and Accountant's Day.

So here is a list of the important "celebrations" in the coming month. Mark these days on your calendar and make sure you send your cards out on time!

Calendar for August 2008
(Some days have too many celebrations to list, so I've just chosen my favorite(s).)

1st - Work like a Dog Day
2nd - Ice Cream Sandwich Day/ Mustard Day (not together I hope!)
3rd - Grab some nuts Day (ahem!!! peanuts, walnuts and likes, you pervert!)
4th - Gymnastics Day/ Picnic Day
5th - Blackmail Day (muahahahaha)
6th - Fresh Breath Day/ Wiggle your toes Day/ Pamper yourself Day (this comes just once a year?!)
7th - Say "cheese" Day
8th - Cheesecake Day/Prank Night
9th - Dance a Polka Day
10th - Lazy Day
11th - Play in the sand Day
12th - Thank You Day
13th - Left hander's Day
14th - Social Security Day
15th - Sit back and relax Day (a good way to celebrate our Independence Day)
16th - Tell a joke Day
17th - #2 Pencil Day (????)
18th - Stay home with your kids Day
19th - Spicy Food Day/ Soft Ice Cream Day (Great Combo! Great Day!)
20th - Lemonade Day
21st - Scrape the bugs Day (yuck!)
22nd - Be an Angel Day/ Eat a peach Day/ Tooth Fairy Day
23rd - Hug your sweetheart Day/ Ride the wind Day
24th - Can opener Day (because you can never thank your kitchen gadgets enough!)
25th - Kiss and make up Day/ Banana Split Day/ Health Lifestyle Day (a sensible day!)
26th - Toilet Paper Day (It's high time we said "thank you")
27th - Just because day (seems like a good enough reason, don't you think?)
28th - Commercial Day
29th - Lemon Juice Day/ Chopsuey Day
30th - Toasted Marshmallow/ Red Telephone Day
31st - Eat outside Day

While we are on the subject, here are some important days you missed this month. Build a scarecrow Day. I forgot Day. Don't put all your eggs in one omelette Day. Stick out your tongue Day. Act like a caveman Day. Cow appreciation Day (!!!!!). Groovy Chicken Day. The 30th of July is "Kiss your car Day". So try to do at least one thing right this month while there's still time!

So today, don't forget to pick up your phone and call your accountant and tell him how much you appreciate him!

Then shut down your computer and go get some good cheese, a juicy hamburger and a huge bar of milk chocolate. This day comes only once a year!

12 comments:

Bungz said...

How about swimming instead of gymnastics on the 4th?! :-P

Marsha said...

sorry Bungz... 4th august 2008 is a Monday! pool holiday!!! awww shucks! so sad :(... on a positive note, 2009 august 4th is a tuesday... are we on for then? :o)

Bungz said...

What i said was, "Okay. We can do 4th Aug 2009, but we'll have to renew our subscription in that case. :-P"

That Squirrel said...

Today's picnic day but am stuck at work. So maybe I'll do a little gymnastics in my office. Twirling around on the chair would count, I suppose!

Aishwariya Laxmi said...

Hey Marsha,
Thanks for your comment on my wordpress blog...I love your About Me section. Very original and interesting:)

Marsha said...

@anju - twirling around on an office chair is tons of fun! Especially if the spring of the chair is loose, then you bounce up and down and go around and around at the same time! I miss working in an office!
@ aishwariya - thanks! :o) and i really like both your blogs! very creative!

That Squirrel said...

I'm going to tell on you unless you make me lasagna.

Marsha said...

tell on me? what do you have on me?!?

That Squirrel said...

Um, aren't you the bright one!..that was just cos today's blackmail day ... besides I have plenty on you! If not, I can still create something!

Marsha said...

aah.. yes... thank u for blackmailing me on blackmail day... i wont make u lasanga coz u made fun of my lasanga the last time i made it and u even said it wasn't lasanga! so do what you will! i'm not afraid of u...

Clover said...

This is like the photo comments on facebook with everyone arguing..and anju always involved

Marsha said...

anju is like that only... wat to do?! :o)