Friday, July 04, 2008

2 and 1/2 stars

Today is Friday. The week is almost over. I consider Saturday the last day of the week. Don't argue with me about it... we could go on!

I rate this week 2 and 1/2 stars.

The 2 is for the 2 nice people who took us out to dinner Tuesday. It was a welcome break. The decor was nice, the food was good and except for the slight burning sensation in the eyes (because it was smoky) and the loud music, the whole experience was very enjoyable.
The 1/2 is for the truly awesome bounty of fresh fruit I found while shopping at the wholesale market. It was almost worth the maddening crowds, the seemingly-brainless drivers and the filthy streets. At least I have great fruit to last me a while.

Despite a barbeque party here and a couple of wild goose chases there, the rest of the week has been quite a yawn!

PS - I must say that while LOTR - The Return of the King+Tomato Cream Pasta+Vanilla Icecream+Fudge+Friend+Friday night = at least one more star, I will not be altering the star status of the week because of the sore throat that decided to come calling at the worst time ever - on the morning of one of the most hectic weekends of the year! More on that later...

6 comments:

Bungz said...

Since the week isn't entirely over, we can add more stars till tomorrow...

That Squirrel said...

You are sooo lucky to have such awesome people to go out with! I think one of them deserves more stars.

Marsha said...

bungi - ur right. i'll probably add a post script to this post if something star-worthy happens between now and saturday night... :)

anju - don't be a star-hog!

Bungz said...

Well, are you adding more stars yet?

That Squirrel said...

wow, at least I'm not so desperate for stars! I'll be gracious enough to hand over one of my stars to the enthu-patani.

Marsha said...

wat are you talking about?! you have only ONE star in the first place!
"I'll be gracious enough to hand over one of my stars to the enthu-patani"?