Wednesday, July 16, 2008

More stew anyone?

Most people who know me well know how much I love to cook. In my attempts to come up with interesting ideas and concepts for my cooking, I rely on the Internet to a great extent.

This is a recipe I found on a serious cooking website. So funny! If you don't find it that funny, just try to picture how my face must have looked when I came across this recipe! I'm sure that'll make you smile... :o)

Elephant Stew

Amount Measure Ingredient
-------- ------------ ----------
1 large elephant
plenty brown gravy
salt & pepper to taste
2 whole rabbits -- optional

Preparation Method
  • Cut elephant into bite-size pieces (allow about 2 months to do this). Hold aside trunk, you can use it to store the pieces.
  • Put elephant in large (very large) pot; add enough gravy to cover. Cook over kerosene fire at 450 degrees for about 4 weeks, or until golden brown.
  • Serves 3,800. If more guest are expected, 2 rabbits may be added. However, this should be done only if absolutely necessary. Most people do not like to find hare in their stew.

12 comments:

That Squirrel said...

That is so funny!! Especially the 2 rabbits bit. It would have been funnier if they had included more rabbit cooking instructions also.

Marsha said...

The 2 rabbits bit is very funny. I also liked the bit about the trunk. Very funny!

So what would your rabbit cooking instructions be?

Bungz said...

This is funny!!! LOLOL... Liked the trunk bit, add rabbit if more guests bit, and the hare in the stew bit!!!

That Squirrel said...

1. Cut off and use tail to brush off any extra dirt.
2. Dip bunnies in veet hair removal cream to get rid of their stupid bunny fur.
3. Wash thoroughly.
4. Chop off ears - can be fried and served as chips.
5. Stuff bunnies with required stuffing (carrots and other silly stuff) and roast and toss into stew.

Marsha said...

LOL... very funny. But i must say that the Veet hair removal thing is grosse! Yech!

Bunny ear chips actually sound like they would be tasty... :)

Amar (Amarnath Prabhakar) said...

wow wow wow I didn't know you are a blogger!!!!
wat a surprise

Unknown said...

Would you mind trying out that bunny recipe that Anju suggested? I'll come over to help cut off the LIVE bunny's stupid tail. And to dip it in Veet!! :D

Marsha said...

Y don't we cook at Anju's place since she's the mastermind? You and I can just be the hired help...

Bungz said...

#1 Where's the elephant? We need the elephant to make the stew...

#2 Perhaps this explains the bunny murders... Besides being bloodless were the dead bunnies found with ears cut off, tails cut off and hair-removed?

Clover said...

LOL! elephant stew.. marsha make for me noooooo
anju will make the bunny thingie.. i'll bring bunny from nagercoil when i come.

Marsha said...

bring the elephant also from nagercoil... i'll make... we don't get good elephant here in chennai :)

Benedict G said...

crocs are not more in my favorite list