Friday, September 26, 2008

Hello again!

Well, I know I have been MIA for a long time now. I have been trying so hard to write here but was just not able to come up with ANYTHING! So I thought I would write something - anything - just to get the ball rolling again! So I am sorry if I just ramble on...

On the 3rd of September, we celebrated our 4th wedding anniversary. Wow! I can't believe it's been 4 whole years already! Anyways, I spent the whole day cooking a special meal for us to share that night. I made Hainanense chicken rice (complete with sauces & soup), ice lemon tea and chocolate biscuit pudding. When we lived in Singapore, chicken rice and ice lemon tea was something we ate a lot of. So this was sort of our trip down memory lane, remembering our wonderful time in Singapore. The biscuit pudding - don't ask me why I made it. I just did. But it was really good - even if I do say so myself! :o)

The folks at church had a little surprise for us that Sunday. It was really very, very sweet of them. I honestly had no clue what was going on. At the end of our service, one of them took the microphone and asked everyone to remain in their seats. Then out came a gorgeous chocolate truffle cake! After the cake-cutting time, came the gift-giving time! Yay! We received a most unusual gift - a bowl with two goldfish swimming about. Really nice! Then everyone stayed back to fellowship over cake & hot Boost. Finally, we were given a beautiful home-made card which everyone had signed! It was really sweet. For the rest of the week, we continued to receive gifts and cards from people in church. It was very thoughtful & we were really touched!

I am sad to report that both goldfish died within the week! :o( Quite tragic. They died within 24 hours of each other. We had named them (Mojo and Jojo, it seems!) and were starting to get a little attached to them. Well. That's the way it goes, I guess.

Apart from the anniversary, the rest of the month has been pretty normal. Just the usual - home, church & work. Occasionally hung out with friends and family. Oh yeah. And the WOW trip to Hyderabad for the shoot at CBN for the 1cubed episodes. It was fun. It was exhausting. Its a long story. Will save it for another time. Here is a picture though.

Well, I hope this is the start of more regular blogging for me.

No comments: